Moving into a new home is a fun, exciting prospect for most of us. Whether you only plan for your new place to be temporary, or you’re settling into your dream home, moving can offer a new change of pace and scenery.
What isn’t fun is the moving process. Signing paperwork, updating your address, transferring utilities, and boxing up everything you own and getting the whole load from old home to new home without anything disastrous happening might sound impossible. However, we believe that it can be done!
Check out our helpful infographic below for all of the moving tips you’ll need:
Before the Move
- Start with organizing. Everything has a place, and everything needs to have a place. Be liberal and exact with all of your labeling, both for organization’s sake and to help direct your movers more easily.
- Rid yourself of excess. Moving is a great opportunity to get rid of things you no longer need. What you do not need can go into a yard sale to fund your move, or you can donate unneeded items to local charity.
- Make a list of everything. Once your items are boxed and labeled, make a master list of all items. You can use this to double check with the moving company’s inventory to ensure everything makes the move safely.
- Get in touch with reputable movers. Read online reviews to determine if a mover is trustworthy, and be sure to contact them to ensure you’re getting a reliable team.
- Collect updated records. Medical records, vehicle titles, insurance—be sure to have a secure and updated version of all of these on hand.
- Double-check utilities in your new place. Call ahead to check and be sure your electric will be on when you arrive, as well as gas, internet, and anything else you might need. Checking this can avoid a headache when you get to your new home.
During Your Move
- Get started early. On the day of your move, it’s a good idea to plan for a time to get started—then start an hour earlier! Even the best laid plans are likely to go awry when the ball gets rolling, so starting early can help reduce stress.
- Check in with your movers. A small scheduling slip-up can ruin a move, so get in touch with the movers to confirm times.
- Work with your movers while they load up. They can do the heavy lifting and they know what they’re doing, but sticking around means you can keep an eye on things and answer any questions they might have.
- Plan ahead as much as possible. Double-check all packaging and your labels one last time, and ensure you have vital items like phone chargers, travel needs, medical supplies, etc.
- Carry a supply of petty cash. Cash might be necessary and can help you smooth your move and help out with food, comfort items, and emergencies when needed.
Southwest Mountain Realty Can Help with Your Move to Phoenix, AZ
Whether you need a property management company or real estate services in Arizona, Southwest Mountain Realty is here to help. We wish you a safe and stress-free move, and should you find yourself at a loss for what do once the move is done, we have a helpful guide for getting settled!
If you need dependable realtors in Phoenix or Queen Creek, AZ, contact us online or call (480) 237-9979 today!